The Environmental Aide maintains the environment for the Health System by performing environmental duties in accordance with Regulatory Agency Standards, Infection Control, and Hospital and Department Policies. Responsible for completing and understanding mandatory computer based trainings. Performs all Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Environmental Aide. Demonstrates required competencies.
Trinity Health Chelsea is a 133-bed, not-for-profit hospital established in 1970 leading the way in patient safety in satisfaction. Located in Chelsea, Michigan, SJMC is a joint venture between Trinity Health and University of Michigan Health.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Able to speak, read, and write English. Possesses basic math skills.
- Experience: Three months customer service or cleaning experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: Not required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain areas such as patient towers, public areas, exam rooms, offices, etc., the Environmental Aide's essential duties include:
- Cleaning all surfaces
- Disinfecting all surfaces
- Dusting all surfaces
- Replenishing all supplies
- Spot cleaning carpet and upholstery
- Cleaning up spills
- Changing linen and making beds
- Operating vacuum cleaning equipment
- Dust mopping and damp mopping floors, stairs, and landings
- Disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
- Reporting needed equipment repair and all unsafe situations
- Identifies safety risks, provides feedback and helps address safety issues.
- Actively follows safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an environment that is clean and conducive to patients, visitors, and co-workers' well-being and safety.
- Demonstrates a positive demeanor that contributes to a culture of trust, respect, and teamwork.
- Follows our Service Excellence Standards. Effectively communicates with internal and external customers (i.e. active listening, professionalism, appropriate tone of voice and language).
- Assists in the training of staff to perform Environmental Services duties.
- Participates in department and unit activities to improve quality and patient care.
- Demonstrates professionalism in dress and hygiene.
- Follows and adhere to the "fragrance free" policy. Responsible for maintaining knowledge of policy and procedures.
- Follows department's plans and scripts.
- Completes mandatory Healthstream in a timely manner. Performs duties in compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Assists in keeping corridors clear of clutter, equipment, furniture, etc. for safety and aesthetic purposes.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
- Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, colleagues, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Health. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Behaves in accordance with the Code of Conduct, Service Excellence Standards, and the Mission, Vision and Values of SJMH.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively communicate with patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Prioritize assigned tasks and organize work in a fast paced environment.
- Walk and stand for approximately 90% of work time.
- Frequently squat, kneel, and lift. Occasionally bend and twist.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Lift, turn, push, pull, and position equipment.
- Ability to utilize safe body mechanics.
Eligible Colleagues of Trinity Health Chelsea benefit from...
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.