A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Environmental Services Operator at MilliporeSigma will efficiently and safely dispose of waste generated from chemical manufacturing and operating groups. They will collect production and laboratory waste materials generated on-site, determine proper disposal and handling methods for the materials, and prepare waste containers for ultimate shipment and disposal off-site. The Operator will work to improve processes, control costs, and correct safety hazards. This position also requires the operator to oversee and complete other compliance aspects of EPA-regulated hazardous waste handling activities on-site.
- Process and pack waste for disposal following all government regulations, disposal facility specifications and proper handling procedures
- Segregate container types and sort containers by hazard class
- Establish waste profiles
- Collect, classify, process, and prepare EPA-regulated hazardous waste, non-regulated waste, and biohazardous waste for shipment off-site across multiple Sigma-Aldrich facilities.
- Prepare kiln ready lab packs according to government regulations and facility requirements
- Check the compatibility of materials packed into the lab packs
- Consolidate used PPE into cubic yard boxes for disposal and recycles satellite drums
- Consolidate waste flammable solids into cubic yard boxes for disposal
- Process spills/broken containers, recovery drums to customers, and re-works
- Load and unload waste hauler trucks, waste trucks and clean solvent tankers according to DOT segregation rules
- Order and unload clean solvents to provide uninterrupted tank farm service
- Schedule and load waste flammable liquid tankers to provide uninterrupted service and 90-day compliance
- Blend waste flammable liquid loads to maximize allowances for water and halogen content
- Process empty cylinders, as applicable to the site
- Assist maintenance with cleaning of chemically contaminated equipment
- Handle Universal Waste, as applicable to the site
- Provide product/waste sampling for the special needs of the site's product groups
- Maintain a clean, orderly and compliant work area
- Properly label all waste on site according to government regulations
- Handle all compromised waste containers immediately
- Maintain all waste areas keeping them clutter free and clean
- Make sure all waste on site is within the allowed 90-day period
- Maintain all aisles between waste containers
- Tend to miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Attend and adhere to schedule
- Operate forklift, pallet mule, drum lifter, drum, box, and glass crusher, pumps, valves, various hand tools, rising equipment and CRT/PC
- Use phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment
- Type at a computer keyboard and read CRTs/computer monitors
- Troubleshoot and correct problems independently.
- Work with moving mechanical parts
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
- Work in a humid, or abnormally hot or cold environment
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time
- Utilize senses to recognize a potential hazardous situation
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment and lift more poundage with assistance
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- High school diploma, GED, or HSED with 1+ year of college level chemistry
- 1+ year related environmental services and/or shipping experience or related fields OR at least 1+ year of experience and training with chemicals
What we offer:
- AS or BS in Chemistry
- Basic mathematics
- Previous experience working with Windows, Word, Excel and Access
- Previous work experience in the chemical or manufacturing industry
- Oral, written and verbal communication skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214530
Location: Sheboygan Falls
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(< 1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.