Our Inside Sales Engineer is supporting our ERS business (Electrical Reliability Services). Experts in electrical power system maintenance delivering \"next level reliability\". Featured solutions are; Acceptance Testing, Battery & UPS Services, and Protection & Controls. This position will report to the Area Sales Manager for a pre-defined geographical area and will provide sales and technical support for all the selling resources in that geographical area. This role will assist in generating more business by following up on leads, assisting with proposals, performing joint sales calls with the area sales manager and/or local sales engineers, and supporting additional local technical, sales, and marketing efforts to the area. This role could sit in CA, CO, AZ, or WA.
- Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area sales goals.
- Make joint sales calls on customers with local sales engineers and area sales managers.
- Develop quick quote proposals (remediation and recommendations from completed projects, standard service configurations, etc.)
- Create acceptance testing and short form quotations when required by reviewing electrical one-lines and specifications for projects
- Make sure proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct.
- Provide follow-up as required on existing quotes
- Perform marketing support to lead key local marketing initiatives such as:
- Local implementation to convert acceptance testing projects to maintenance contracts
- Follow-up on leads from ERS marketing team
- Develop and lead the process for implementing Industrial Info Resources lead program
- Assist outside Sales Engineers' needs in distribution of marketing materials.
- Prepare monthly sales reports for the Area as needed.
- Assist in sales to operations project handoffs
- Participate in local sales and operations meetings
- Assist in proper documentation insuring good project handoffs
- Review projects post-completion with Ops and Sales to improve performance
- Perform public relations to promote sales.
- Active participation in trade shows and professional societies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse tension.
Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Negotiating - Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly.
Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; sets priorities; values time; separates the critical few from the trivial many and concentrates his/her efforts accordingly.
- Graduate Engineer, Mechanical or Electrical BSEE/BSME ( May 2023 graduates are considered)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
- Valid Driver's License required.
The anticipated salary range for this role in the California locality is between $75,000.00 to $78,000.00 per year plus incentive, salary ranges for other geographic localities may vary. The role is eligible to participate in a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO, and 401k.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.