The primary responsibility of this role is to drive sales growth for all ERS services in a defined geographical area. This role will work with existing and new clients to introduce the ERS' offering, drive opportunities, quote ERS' solution, follow-up on all opportunities, and increase the overall service sales for ERS within a defined geographic area. This is a direct sales role with responsibility for selling ERS' entire service portfolio.
- Perform direct sales activities to consistently meet/exceed overall sales goals for ERS
- Create local sales plans
- Make regular sales calls on existing accounts and establish contact with new accounts.
- Provide effective customer presentations
- Create accurate and technically correct proposals
- Developing new opportunities at existing and new accounts
- Insure that all the selling tools and processes provided by the business are utilized such as but not limited to: Quote Configurator, E-Folders, and Quote Management tools
- Achieve/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales and orders quotas.
- Provide support to ERS marketing to promote the Company's image throughout the industry.
- Provide support as necessary for the development of ERS' marketing plans.
- Assist in development of overall ERS strategic planning
- Assist Corporate marketing needs in new service assessments, marketing research, lead development, and literature development.
- Perform public relations to promote sales.
- Active participation in trade shows and professional societies.
- Must be able to give effective group presentations for both internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
- Graduate engineer (BSEE/BSME) and 2-3 years sales experience; OR
- Graduate of electrical technical school or equivalent, and five years of similar work; OR
- High school diploma or equivalent and eight years of similar work.
- Experience selling services required (prefer to have had experience in electrical services with emphasis on experience with field evaluation on electrical systems or UL listing of electrical systems/equipment)
- Working knowledge of NFPA 790 and 791 a plus
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, some overnight travel to cover sales territory.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Required to sit and work at computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Conduct walk-through of construction sites and work in and around electrical equipment.
- Valid Driver's License required.
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.