Join our team! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
- Manages work activities and escrow operational / support functions at the regional level for counties, states, or a defined process.
- May support residential and / or commercial transactions
- Provides input to operational plans and works with Senior Management to ensure that plans are integrated with broader strategies.
- Acts as a liaison with Escrow/Branch managers and leaders of other functions/ operations/ business units and provides feedback and resolution on escalated issues, process issues/changes and results. Coordinate and monitor efforts between groups. Represents escrow's involvement with changes to processes.
- Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback through coaching. Identifies training needs for subordinates. Makes hiring and compensation recommendations. May get input from management
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong process skills required; detail oriented
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of company operating systems/applications
- Strong problem-solving and customer service skills
- Ability to lead/sought out for advice
- Able to manage competing priorities
- Successful track record designing, developing, and executing complex projects.
- Can influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Strong communication skills with the capacity to communicate the function's vision and the department's direction and set aligned goals. Provides resources and creates systems to measure results. Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results. Leads change, manages conflict and fosters collaboration.
- Collaboratively engages with leaders to create, identify, and implement solutions to further effectiveness of escrow operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years of directly related experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory or management role
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Department Management level
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.