GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The successful candidate will partner with the Director of the International Conference on Newborn Sequencing on all aspects of program planning, execution, and day to day activities. He/she will work closely with a team of internal and external collaborators, along with conference speakers, sponsors, and vendors to ensure the smooth operation of a complex event.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in organizing the date, location, and partnering institution for each annual event
- Assist in event branding and copy
- Assist in organizing event content areas and matching them with potentials speakers
- Email invitations to potential speakers/panel presenters and coordinate their availability
- Maintain regular communication with confirmed speakers/panel presenters to keep them informed of plans
- Collect PowerPoint slides from speakers as the event date approaches and organize them for AV team
- Manually register all speakers/panel presenters
- Act as liaison with hotels and other vendors
- Coordinate logistics for speaker/panel presenter flights and hotel accommodations
- Assist in organizing a Google sheet database where all logistics are tracked, stored, and shared with internal collaborators
- Oversee maintenance of event website and registration process
- Design promotional materials and promote event across social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Promote the event via collaborating institution Slack announcement channels (Ariadne Labs, Broad Institute)
- Book photographers and event entertainers and execute appropriate contracts/payments
- Assist in event menu selection/planning
- Assist with sponsor interactions and securing sponsor funding
- Field all email inquiries from event registrants
- Organize all aspects of affiliated dinner party events
- Create a day of event workflow to ensure all aspects are appropriately staffed
- Serve as point person for in person and virtual attendee troubleshooting during event
- Oversee a team of research assistants and/or genetic counseling assistants and research trainees on site to ensure smooth execution of all event aspects
- Ensure the AV team remains aware of day of flow for smooth transition from segment to segment
- Create a post-conference feedback survey, distribute to all registered attendees, and analyze responses for improvement of future events
- Create and maintain a conference YouTube channel to host conference video recordings
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- High level of computer literacy, including: MS Office Word, Excel.
- Careful attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize among many tasks, to work quickly under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, collaborates well with others.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and set deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and capable of multi-tasking.
- Must be able to make independent, effective decisions in appropriate situations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: EEO Statement
- Busy environment with time sensitive work
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.