It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Please note that CNI is closely monitoring Executive Orders and will be following any final decisions or mandatesregarding the COVID-19 Vaccination as a federal contract provider.
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides a broad range of administrative support services for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Director and senior leadership.
Note: Length of service is tied to the term of the political appointee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED/DELIVERABLES LIST AND DUE DATES:
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, including keeping track of multiple calendars, tracking meetings and activities, scheduling conferences and business travel and being skilled in proactive, "strategic" scheduling for senior executives and staff.
- Ability to prioritize scheduling demands quickly and efficiently, often without specific direction from management.
- Serves as the "gate keeper" for the schedules of the political and senior executive leadership in the office, determines needs and handles conflicts in schedules with professionalism.
- Highly adaptable in vibrant and quickly moving office environments and capable of balancing multiple, quick turnaround and high priority tasks.
- Possessing strong communication skills and teamwork skills, including the ability to process and summarize complex information clearly and succinctly.
- Effective communication is vital to prevent any misunderstandings and/or misinterpretations.
- Must be skilled in IT and office automation (e.g., Microsoft Office and Outlook, including strong PowerPoint and Word skills), as well as Departmental processes and procedures for travel, foreign visitor access, and other administrative tasks.
Note: if candidate is from outside DOE, they must be aware and able to demonstrate an ability to learn and apply DOE systems quickly.
- Provides a broad range of administrative support services in functional areas that include administrative services, as needed. The work scope includes, but is not limited to, the following administrative support activities:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for input from DOE staff and outside groups for the Director, Office of Science.
- Assisting with the preparation of background materials for meetings and conferences, and also coordinates meetings and conferences.
- Proofreads and coordinates communications requiring the signature/approval of the Director for transmittal within DOE as well as externally.
- Implementation of administrative policies.
- Receiving/Exiting visitors.
- Answering telephones - taking telephone messages.
- Prioritizing Scheduling and Supporting meetings/video conferencing.
- Maintaining Office Director calendar - strategic scheduling appointments.
- Providing Travel Support for Director, Office of Science that includes:
- Utilizing the Ad Trav and Concur automated travel management systems.
- Making travel arrangements (e.g., airline, lodging and transportation reservations).
- Preparing travel authorizations and vouchers.
- Coordinating, distributing, scanning and filing copies of completed correspondence.
- Draft and route correspondence and packages for comment as requested.
- Requires knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite and other DOE legacy administrative systems as required.
- Demonstrated skill to work in a fast-paced environment with senior government officials and effectively interfacing administrative staff from the Secretary and Deputy Secretary offices.
- Requires comfort with multitasking and shifting priorities.
Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company. Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor's instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and coworkers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and human resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions to the best of own ability.
Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including commitment to integrity, knowledge/quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative/motivation, cooperation/relationships, problem analysis/discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral/written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability/dependability, flexibility, and ownership/accountability of actions taken.
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance with all applicable rules (federal, state, local, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, Prime Contract requirements, etc.) for themselves and the company as a whole.Fosters an environment in which they will reportanyviolations or reasonably suspected violation of CNI policy, FAR, and/or CFR and are comfortable discussing the myriad compliance, conflict, FAR, CFR, etc. issues that arise during the performance of a government contract.EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Prior experience working at the executive level for senior executive and political leadership is required. Must possess extensive skills in exercising judgment in the absence of direct supervision. Should be able to anticipate or recognize problems and refer them immediately to the right person for resolution and find common threads among unrelated events to identify potential issues and resolve them.
Must have a one (1) year certificate from college or technical school and five (5+) years of relevant executive administrative support experience in a professional business environment, or equivalent combination of education / experience. Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and other administrative systems as required.CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / REGISTRATIONJOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Strong working knowledge of correspondence rules, policies and procedures.
Strong working knowledge of the principles and concepts of information governance to control a variety of internal and external correspondence at various stages.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with knowledge and ability to utilize appropriate grammatical skills at a professional level.
Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and coworkers, as well as a wide range of people with diverse backgrounds.
Ability to identify problems and to use sound judgment.
Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information with exceptional discretion.
Proven ability to exemplify professional behavior, dignity and excellence and to maintain high standards under pressure.
Excellent organizational skills with ability to pay close attention to details.
Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Skilled in planning and setting up room requirements for events and meetings.
Excellent customer service skills with ability to apply good listening skills and to handle unusual or complex situations with a calm and focused approach.
Ability to produce quality work, meet critical deadlines and pay attention to detail in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Ability to be proactive, take initiative and accept accountability for assigned work functions.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-one-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situationsPHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Regularly required to sit. Regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to handle objects and operate tools, computer, and/or controls. Required to speak and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Exposed to general office noise with computers printers and light traffic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
This job has expired.