About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, organized, detail-oriented self-starter with a great attitude. This role will manage and support daily workflow to the Chief Growth Transformation Officer who leads Gap’s Strategic Growth Office (“SGO”). This team is at the forefront of driving Gap Inc.’s next chapter of growth – both in growing our billion-dollar lifestyle brands and fueling our commitment to doing the right thing for people, planet and communities.
The candidate must be enthusiastic, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and a team player with strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. This person should be able to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the office. They should have the ability to operate in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. Must possess the ability to switch priorities in a given moment, while maintaining grace under pressure.
What you'll do
- Serves as a trusted partner, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism in all situations.
- Partners and collaborates with peers, SGO stakeholders, and external parties to manage cross-functional initiatives from conception to completion.
- Effective calendar management - coordinates internal and external meetings including but not limited to team meetings, full staff meetings, off- site meetings, one-on-one meetings, networking, conferences, etc.; ability to maintain organization across recurring and one-off meetings
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns raised by team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Use initiative and judgment within established guidelines; understand the “big picture” to guide decisions.
- Effectively interface with employees within Gap Inc., senior executives inside and outside the company, and Board of Directors.
- Manage all executive correspondence; directing or responding to communication from vendors, network, etc.
- Other administrative duties as requested
- Support overall coordination including:
- Expense management duties.
- Oversee department budget.
- Travel arrangements (domestic and global).
- Event management - organization of quarterly meetings, volunteering events, off-sites, etc.
Who you are
- 10 + years administrative experience; with experience supporting C-level executives.
- High attention to detail, organization and process; exercises good judgement in a variety of situations
- Ability to work onsite in Gap’s 2 Folsom office on a regular basis
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high level of service to stakeholders of the office via timely and clear communication.
- Strong teamwork skills and a strong ability to offer suggestions and improvements to process and work effectively.
- Strong relationship management skills with manager, peers, and broader network.
- High level of confidentiality, discernment and judgment.
- Proven ability to manage projects, work under pressure and consistently make deadlines; supported by desire to understand the bigger picture.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Strong communication, oral and written. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external business partners.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, etc)
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.