If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami/UHealth has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Pysician Recruitment & Development - Oncology.
The Director of Physician Recruitment and Development (Oncology) will provide strategic and tactical direction support to University of Miami Hospital and Clinics/Sylvester Cancer Center (UMHC/SCCC) leadership on the development of strategic partnerships with oncology physicians and healthcare organizations. The incumbent in this role will serve as a key resource in preparing UMHC/SCCC for the changes in healthcare reform to ensure that UMHC/SCCC is well-positioned to benefit from the changes in healthcare delivery. He/she will stay abreast and offer expertise of the South Florida oncology market analyzing key data, providing business intelligence in order to strategically grow UMHC/SCCC programs and market share.
Minimum Qualifications: Education
- Manages programmatic and business planning and development:
- Creates a yearly Market Profile Report for UMHC/SCCC outlining competitors, new opportunities, market share, demographics, etc., providing business development and strategic recommendations to leadership
- Leads projects and implements business development and strategic recommendations including development of partnerships, practice acquisitions, and recruitment plans.
- Develops and implements business plans and integration strategies for community physician practices
- Serves as internal programmatic planning and analysis expert to UMHC/SCCC leaders, faculty, and staff
- Coordinates and aligns strategic planning, analysis, and forecasting with capital and operating budgets, plans, and processes
- Develops business planning processes for UMHC/SCCC evaluation and strategy
- Serves as a liaison between institutional stakeholders, managing activities and communications in order to further the consideration and initiation of opportunities
- Develops and applies appropriate clinical, research and education metrics for the evaluation of business cases and programmatic activities and monitors strategic planning progress
- Coordinates groups involved in the development of multi-disciplinary oncology programs to support the most favorable proposition for UMHC SCCC and the School as a whole
- Initiates, conducts and facilitates meetings with appropriate individuals, groups, and administration to exchange information and collect necessary data in developing and revising short and long range plans; reviews key factors, coordinates and establishes goals
- Works closely with University Counsel, Compliance, and other key stakeholders to sure business opportunities meet full rigorous scrutiny
- Serves as an internal liaison, sharing new business opportunities and ensuring/encouraging open communication with all managers and directors
- Supports strategic operations and adhoc initiatives
- Supports the physicians relations program for the oncology service line
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field. MBA preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Five years of effective professional experience in a leadership role. Experience in an academic medical setting is preferred
- Strong interpersonal as well as excellent written and verbal skills
- Independent facilitator with proven organizational ability and skill for handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to translate the vision of the department into a strategic plan and execute the plan with excellence
- Leadership skills
- Solid computer skills
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: