Join us as Senior Financial Analyst and make an impact supporting world-class brands including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Our outstanding products elevate people's lives everywhere, every day.
This position is temporarily eligible for Work from Home until our office reopens in El Paso, TX currently targeted on 9/1. Once our El Paso, TX office reopens, this position is not eligible to be Work from Home, and you will be required to report to the office Monday-Friday.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in supporting the company's financial goals by providing value-added financial forecast, operational analysis and other ad-hoc to enhance decision making. The position will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks supporting the shared services center and regional marketing organizations as well as future-state growth initiatives. They will participate in the month-end closing process, creating journal entries, reviewing reconciliations, and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger.
What you'll be doing
What are the requirements for consideration?
- Provide required treasury needs in accordance with internal control policies including preparing or reviewing manual electronic fund transfers, foreign exchange trades, forecast daily revolver borrowings/paydowns and interest expense
- Retrieve, review and prepare daily cash position report by reconciling prior day bank account activities as well as forecasting future cash position by obtaining information through interactions with other internal departments and foreign business
- Validate all banking transactions according to bank deadlines and company policies including but not limited to ACH debits, ACH Credits, wires, tax payments, positive pay exceptions, and fraud alerts. Research and resolve any banking exceptions identified.
- Coordinate with other departments such as accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and other areas to ensure proper and timely funding and recording of all Treasury related transactions. Ensure proper follow-up and resolution of issues related to daily cash activity.
- Support other functional areas of the treasury team as requested (risk management, debt/collateral management, international banking, investments)
- Provide financial analysis and support across a variety of areas including, but not limited to, daily/weekly/monthly cash flow forecasting and analysis, working capital and liquidity management, and other ad hoc financial forecasting and modeling projects
- Develop and maintain Excel models; analyze, manipulate, test, and validate large data files; produce frequent financial dashboards and reports
- Serve as business liaison for renewal processes for various insurance policies (Property, Cargo, Workers Comp., etc.) and ongoing business needs
- Assists in modeling financial statement impact of various acquisitions and other capital structure (debt, share repurchase, etc.)
- Support treasury operations (month-end financial close, bank account management, new account setups, intercompany netting, vendor account setup)
- Recommend process improvements to drive efficiencies, including automating current processes
- Identify cost-savings opportunities and provide ongoing support for special projects
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related field
- 3+ years of finance/treasury or related experience in accounting, banking, or audit
- MBA or other advanced certifications preferred (CTP, CPA, CFA)
- Strong accounting background and understanding of GAAP financial statements
- Data mining skills are essential with a commitment to data integrity
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience using Oracle a plus
- Experience using a treasury management system (TMS)
- Experience administering and using commercial banking platforms (i.e., Bank of America and HSBC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bilingual Spanish skills a plus
- Excellent analytical ability within a high transaction volume and fast-paced environment
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as experienced in handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to learn and solve problems
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist others as needed
- Able to streamline, improve or automate processes
- Position requires an early start to meet an early morning deadline
- Prior team leadership and project management skills a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
.Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.