The Senior Business Analyst (BA) will work under the direction of the Business Applications Manager and will be part of the Enterprise Applications strategy and delivery excellence team. This individual will be a key liason with the business in the areas of Procurement, Inventory, Maintenance, Sales, Product Costing, Job Costing and Invoicing. The primary focus of this role will be to design, develop and deliver business solutions through understanding the current and future needs of the business partners. Based on a wide range of experience and industry research help, provide short term and long term direction in the areas of Purchase order processing, Sales order processing, Inventory controls, Contract Billing, work orders and maintenance. Partnering with stakeholders to achieve sustainable productivity through a collaborative and consultative approach. Work with other team members in other business functional areas within IS applications, such as finance, developers, CNC and infrastructure, to support the successful deployment of the solution.
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) will be required to assist and provide multiple options, solid system designs and solutions to solve various business requirements. To be successful, you must have proven experience managing projects or managing work streams within the projects through the entire project lifecycle. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management. The BA should be able to deliver effective presentations, solution walk-through to audiences of all sizes and possess excellent communication skills.
The role requires both broad and deep knowledge of the JDE system and the ability to architect solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end business application solutions. The BA will engage in senior level business decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and business processes. Candidate should have passion for the business which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the business experience.
The successful candidate should have a Bachelors Degree with a deep understanding of JDE/E1 Procurement, sales and distribution modules. Higher relevant education preferred. Position requires extensive relevant working experience including expertise in business solutions deployment.
- Senior BA will take the role of a consultant during the early phases of the solution, in terms of scoping the project, gathering requirements and working with the team to put together a solutions document
- You will be the key individual who understands the solution and the domain/ industry well. BA also needs to be the subject matter expert in understanding the customer's requirements and is able to suggest alternatives to better the solution and alleviate the challenge/ issue being addressed
- You need to be a leader who can efficiently lead a team of consultants and developers and effectively work with other business units in the company in the creation of the solution.
- You should be able to work with the customer and help them envision the solution value, and how it will benefit them in the longer term
- Manage, Scope and deliver projects, in the areas responsible for.
- Manage, Scope and deliver major enhancements coming through the helpdesk ticketing system, prioritized and approved by stakeholders.
- Partner with the application and technical analysts and architects on all critical system solutions.
- Follow all Martin Marietta SDLC standard documentation for functional and technical designs, test plans and execution.
- Ensure project execution excellence.
- Bachelor\u2019s Degree required
- Expert knowledge of JDE E1 system configuration standards
- Experience in specifying and supporting Interfaces between external Legacy systems and JDE E1 applications.
- Experience in developing detailed functional requirements for reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements as they relate to JDE E1 applications.
- Strong understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle
- A self\u2013starter able to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Solid business and JDE consulting background is required
- At least 7 years in JDE Packages consulting /solution architecture experience.
- At least 5+ years of exposure to end to end Business processes
- At least 3-4 full lifecycle implementation of JDE \u2013 Sales and Distribution modules (Procurement, Sales, Advanced Pricing, Product costing, Inventory controls, Invoicing, Multi Currency and General Accounting), EDI and interfaces
- Experience with JDE CAM (Service and Warranty & Maintenance) modules required
- Experience with other JDE Modules (Contract Billing, AR, AP, GL and FA) and Vertex will be an asset.
- Working experience with Oracle UPK product and experience in using OATS for testing will be an asset
- Deep domain expertise with established thought leadership in Supply Chain Management
- Strong customer orientation \u2013 Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization to obtain, analyze, and discuss business requirements and technical solutions
- Excellent communication / presentation / verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to drive business discussions independently and act as trusted advisor
- Strong Ability to develop / groom a team for Projects and work in an onsite-offshore team environment - sharing ideas and working collaboratively.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills as well as solid verbal and written communication skills