Job ID: 229624
Expocrete an Oldcastle company is looking for a Cuber Operator - Richmond, BC . Helping our customer's vision to become reality is what we do at Expocrete. We design, manufacture and inventory an extensive selection of hardscape concrete products including paving stones, walkway slabs, yardscapes, landscape/retaining walls, and garden walls - available in colours and textures rivaled only by nature.
The Cuber Operator is responsible for tasks such as assisting with the manufacturing of product, house-keeping, and general laborer responsibilities. The successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years working in a manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Wearing all PPE & on the production floor prior to the beginning of the shift
- Acquire knowledge of all products being manufactured (e.g. type of products, colour, size, uses, etc.) to gain better understanding of product specifications and possible quality control concerns
- Sort all product coming down the line in the appropriate pattern for palletizer
- Act as quality control for all product coming down the line before product is palletized; notify Plant Management of quality control issues
- Stop the line when deemed necessary (e.g. quality control issues, machine break-down, etc.) and notify Machine Operator and Plant Management of reason for stopping the line
- Climb into mixer and clean daily by taking chipper to remove dried-on material stuck to the insides of mixer
- Learn and master lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as sweeping and keeping line area free of debris
- Must be a champion of safety practices, not afraid to speak up when there is a safety concern and adhere to all safety protocols and workplace policies.
- Complete duties or training requirements as assigned by plant management
Why you should join Expocrete today:
- Must have your own means of reliable transportation as public transportation is not available
- General laborer experience is considered an asset
- The ability to work at heights, in confined spaces and to lift between 40 to 60 pounds is a must
- Ability to work extended shifts in physically demanding role (8-10 hour days) and able to withstand the working conditions associated with concrete product manufacturing (extended periods of standing, noisy, dusty, etc.)
- Competitive base wages
- Comprehensive Benefit Program
- Safety Recognition Program
Sep 22, 2020 Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Labor, Laborer, Machinist, Plant Manager, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering
This job has expired.