Data Integration Developer II
About the Position
As a critical and senior member of the Application and Data Integrations team, the Data Integration Developer II works closely with MIS technology teams, business units, and management to ensure the data warehouse, source data repository, and data integration services for the enterprise are designed, implemented and functioning properly. The position will provide data integration services primarily through SQL and ETL development by aiding lead and IS management to implement data warehouses, repositories, marts, reports, and integrations. This position supports various technology and business teams on a Tier 1-3 level.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Implements the data architecture design including data warehouses, repositories, and/or marts aligning with overall enterprise strategy based on recommendations from senior and lead developers.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, understands and translates business use cases and/or requirements into functional specifications for data integration processes including ETL, ELT, data extracts and reports.
- Designs, develops, and modifies data integration processes such as ETL, ELT, data extracts and reports to specifications and following coding standards.
- Performs code reviews to ensure all code from team adheres to standards as well as testing of functionality to ensure all deliverables are of excellent quality.
- Creates and maintains documentation of current state data processes covering information such as interfaces, data stores, transport technologies and the source and destination of data at both a functional and technical level. Creates documentation for the release of data integration processes to various environments.
- Validates data integration processes in development and test environment by developing and executing test plans.
- Provides support in each environment (development, test and production) to meet service-level requirements such as availability, volume of data, response time, and security and privacy.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and 5+ years hands on experience designing, developing, testing and implementing complex software services/solutions, data warehouses, and working with SQL databases.
- Understanding and experience with all phases of the systems data development lifecycle.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex development/production/integration issues.
- Ability to work standard business hours and occasional after hours/weekends, as needed.
- Ability to function in a business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Some travel required.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- S. in Computer Sciences, Information Systems/Technology or related field.
- Advanced knowledge and 3+ years' experience with object-oriented programming concepts.
- Experience with development tool stacks (Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, TOAD).
- Financial institution experience.
- Advanced understanding and experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of systems and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to business.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
323 West Jones Street, Suite 600
Raleigh, NC 27603 email@example.comDepartment
: MIS Supervisor
: VP, Application and Data Integrations FLSA
: Exempt Effective
: August, 2019