Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions - Portland, Maine office has an opportunity available for an Environmental Chemist. We are looking for a candidate with 0-5 years' experience with skills in environmental data validation, analytical laboratory testing, laboratory sample management, data reporting, and QA/QC protocols. If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and have a strong desire to learn, we'd love to hear from you!
- Analytical data validation, data review and data quality report writing
- Analytical chemistry support for site investigations related to hazardous waste site remediation
- Assist development of environmental sampling programs, interpretation of environmental chemistry data and data quality evaluation (DQE), assistance with laboratory coordination, database support, and data entry
- Assistance to proposal teams for selection of analytical methodology, evaluation laboratory proposals, and establishment of QA/QC parameters
- Coordination with Junior and/or Senior Chemist on a daily basis
- Support project teams completing environmental sampling programs
- Performing field sampling for collection of soil, water and/or air samples
Skills / Qualifications
- BA or BS in Chemistry or related science
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. Access and/or EQuIS software a plus
- 0 - 5 years of experience with sample preparation procedures and operation and use of analytical laboratory equipment (e.g., GC, GC/MS, ICP, LC) is preferred
- Familiarity with USEPA Methods including SW-846, CLP, wastewater, drinking water, or Standard Methods desired
- Working knowledge of general metric system measurement units
- Experience in analysis of samples from hazardous waste site investigations preferred
- Experience with validation of analytical data using USEPA National Functional Guidelines is also beneficial, but not required
- Knowledge of the principles and standards of scientific study, field investigation and sampling, experimentation, and documentation preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical
- Ability to work effectively with team members, as well as independently
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Safety Training preferred, but not required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.