If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Psychiatry is actively seeking a per-diem Staff Physician. The incumbent in this position provides medical care to patients based on proper documentation in the medical record as outlined by the medical staff rules and regulations. The incumbent in this position receives patient assignments based on their educational discipline, expertise or experience.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Develops and carries out a comprehensive medical treatment plan addressing biological, psychological, and sociocultural domains.
- Performs physical assessment of patients in a logical and respectful manner.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients.
- Gathers essential and accurate information through the review of pertinent records and interviews with the patient, family members, caregivers, and other health professionals. Reports to the responsible physician and complies with policy co-sig.
- Reports hazardous or unsafe conditions, equipment malfunction, and supply instrumentation inadequacies to appropriate personnel.
- Reports all Quality Assurance (QA) incidences, including mediation errors, to responsible physician using department guidelines.
- Assumes responsibility for increasing knowledge and expertise by attending continuing educational offerings.
- Makes informed decisions about interventions based on patient information and preference, up-to-date scientific evidence in the field, and clinical judgment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- M.D. and/or D.O. Degree in relevant field required
- Certification in relevant specialty or field required
- Minimum 3 years of experience required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and primary responsibilities of this job classification. Specific duties and tasks may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job. This a job profile description and not all duties may be assigned to a specific position in each individual department.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.