Facilities Engineer - Operations - Redwood City, CA
Do you have engineering experience in a cGMP environment and are passionate about championing continuous improvements as a Facilities Engineer in a company that follows science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? If so, then this is an excellent role for you!
AstraZeneca in Redwood City, CA has expanded and strengthened its respiratory products portfolio, We have made strides in bringing therapies to asthma patients. Our mission and vision are to develop differentiated therapeutics for widely prevalent respiratory disease conditions, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), by utilizing a proprietary drug delivery platform and existing therapeutic agents administered in metered-dose inhalers (MDIs).
The Facilities Engineer reports to the Facilities Director and is a subject matter expert (SME) for facility systems in a cGMP environment. Will be responsible for managing facility capital projects and quality records.
What you will do:
- Site Subject matter Expert (SME) on facility systems, including HVAC, water systems, waste treatment, specialty gases, electrical distribution, emissions abatement and monitoring system, boilers, chillers, biosafety cabinets, and controlled temperature units.
- Manage facility capital projects and are responsible for designing, planning, and completing capital projects.
- Responsible for facilities quality records such as change controls, deviations, and CAPAs.
- Responsible for facilities sustainability project implementation.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of three years of engineering or manufacturing experience in a cGMP context.
- Project management track record of delivering projects timely, in-full, and on-budget
- Experience with automation systems and HMIs including BMS and Factory-Talk systems
- Experience with computer maintenance management systems (ideally SAP).
- Experience with sustainability and energy management in a pharmaceutical environment
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
This job has expired.