Facilities Systems Engineer I
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Serves in an entry level position involving a required track of continuous hands-on, instructed, and classroom training on the overall operation and strategic management of the campus' physical plant systems; under supervision, works with other more experienced staff until a level of training, education, and certification required to advance is attained.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Engineering Sciences or related field; or
2. Associate's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Engineering Sciences or related field and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience in Facilities Systems; or
3. High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma, five (5) years of military training or its equivalent in boiler (steam), chiller (chilled water) or HVAC systems, and the equivalent of five (5) years of full-time experience in a power plant or similar setting as a boiler operator.
1. As a condition of employment, incumbents must achieve the following within two (2) years of appointment: (a) Facilities Systems Engineer II training criteria competency; and (b) Obtain an ATMT Boiler Operations certificate or first class boiler operator license; and (c) Obtain NFPA 70E arc flash training certificate.
2. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .