Overview / Responsibilities
The Wichita, KS office of Wood has an immediate opening for an AutoCAD Civil 3D Designer to support our infrastructure design operations. We are seeking individuals with good enthusiasm, strong communication and technical skills. The ideal candidate should have strong working experience in Civil 3D to support a rapidly-growing municipal infrastructure design center.
Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings for water and wastewater facilities in the municipal, industrial and commercial sectors; including water/sewer pipelines, pump stations, stormwater structures and storage facilities. Projects may also include work on process piping, treatment plants, chemical feed systems , stormwater conveyance infrastructure, channel grading, and other civil infrastructure projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Assist with the design of complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from project team
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Creating preliminary and detailed design figures and drawings for water / wastewater projects, as well as other civil engineering projects
- Prepare site plans, section views and detail design drawings for site development
- Prepare plan and profile (pipeline) design drawings for any type of water or sewer systems
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD standards
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 4 years of experience using Civil 3D AutoCAD to prepare construction drawings
- Knowledge in Civil 3D design other than Water or Wastewater will be considered
- Associate or higher degree in computer aided drafting is recommended
- Possess good verbal, analytical, writing skills, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to read and understand both 2D and 3D drawings
- Must work well in a project team environment, as well as have the capacity to conduct work with minimal supervision and oversight
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.