Consolidated Electrical Distributors Inc. (CED) is one of the largest electrical solutions distributors and product suppliers in the country and we are seeking a Field Services Technician for CED's Field Services team. Located in Irving TX, the Field Services team is responsible for IT support for CED's 700+ locations across the country. The successful candidate will have experience providing support for and maintaining IT networks, infrastructure, and Microsoft technologies. CED is focused on finding the best talent as we continue to grow and build upon the success that was started in 1957.
The position will work with CED profit center employees both remotely and on-site, CED management, system engineers, software developers, the IT help desk, and IT project managers to support and maintain these IT systems and networks.
* 2+ years of experience in various IT operations disciplines including Active Directory, desktop support, email systems and server administration.
* 1+ years of experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and repairing computers, printers, and software.
* Established experience providing excellent customer service and remote support via phone, email and chat.
* Exceptional organizational skills needed to managed projects, tasks and priorities in order to meet specific deadlines.
* Confidence interacting with a wide range of people from clerical staff, network specialists, developers, senior management, and vendors.
* Strong ability to communicate by phone and email in a clear and concise manner.
* Proven problem solving skills.
* Physical qualifications required to perform the job function to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, sit for long periods of time.
* Proficiency to read, write and communicate orally the English language, especially I.T. technical terms and concepts.
* Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Competence to operate a personal computer, printers, and external computer peripherals.
* Must possess ability to work under pressure.
* Must possess ability to multi-task.
* Ability to organize multiple work tasks and prioritize them to meet specific deadlines.
* Ability to travel for long periods of time using automobiles and public aircrafts.
* Ability to travel away from home over weekends and after hours (approximately 10% of the time).PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* Experience in leading or managing projects.
* Experience with utilizing support ticketing systems.
* Experience using Microsoft Excel to manage large amounts of data.WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Office environment, with approximately 10% travel possible.
* Requires occasional after-hours and weekend work.OTHER COMPENSATION:
* Provide life cycle management, testing and evaluation of computer equipment and commercial desktop software.
* Provide remote and onsite technical support to CED's employees.
* Perform remote and onsite support for store startups, acquisitions, and other conversion activities
* Organize large amounts of data
* Assist in certification of all hardware and software in CED infrastructure
* Repair computer workstations and servers
* Performs other tasks as assigned
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!