The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Medical equips more than 30,000 laboratories throughout the world and produces nearly 7,500 analyzers per year and over 10,000 tons of reagents. We also benefit from all the technologies patented by the HORIBA Group and from synergies between the Group's 13 research centers worldwide.
MedTest Dx, a HORIBA Company, is a world Leader in chemistry reagents manufacturing and diagnostic solutions for decentralized clinical testing, providing a combination of screening instruments and reagent manufacturing in medical technologies, with a wide portfolio of products for IVD testing laboratories.
Our shared services accounting team is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst in the Michigan territory. The Financial Analyst, working in areas of financial, business, or budget will contribute his/her strong analytical and technical skills to perform research and analysis to help support informed business decision-making to drive continuous growth and improvement for HORIBA's Medical business.
Essential Job Functions:
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, budget, forecasts, variances and trends
- Create recommendations for improvement and optimization to be presented to management and executives
- Develop financial models to support valuation, budgeting, planning, forecasting and everyday opportunities/ decisions to be made
- Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of data
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation, closing process and treasury operations through analytical review and trend analysis
- Identify and drive process improvements to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging systems and relationships with others within the organization.
- Lead the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company as well as the reforecasting efforts during the year.
- Participate in the financial modeling and due diligence efforts related to the company's ongoing M&A activities.
- Conduct comparables analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions and trends
- Support financial reviews and audits conducted by independent auditors.
- 3+ years of business finance and/or accounting experience with progressive responsibilities, especially with exposure to international operations and a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics
- Solid knowledge of general and cost accounting principles and practices
- Strong quantitative, analytical and data gathering competency
- SAP FI/CO experience
- Self-starter with good interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 446-7422 Ext 1113 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.