Bring YOUR energy to Alliant Energy!
At Alliant Energy, our purpose is to serve customers and build stronger communities. We are passionate about powering beyond the market challenges of today, while powering what's next in energy. When our employees say "I am energy," it means they take pride in the work we do when disaster strikes, as well as all the days in between. We reward our highly hardworking and dedicated teams and give them the support they need to ensure their safety, wellness and financial security for themselves and their families.
If you enjoy challenges, have strong communication skills and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy.
What sets us apart?
- Alliant Energy offers a full compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Employer Cash Contribution, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
- Year after year, Alliant Energy is recognized by major publications and foundations as a top employer and leader in the areas of equity and sustainability. This includes Newsweek's list of Most Responsible Companies, Forbes list of Best Midsize Employers, a perfect Corporate Equality Index Score as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality and being named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
- Our employees make a difference through their work and personal activities. In 2021, employees, retirees and our charitable foundation collectively contributed $11.5 million and volunteered over 75,000 hours.
has a current opening for a Financial Regulatory Analyst II
to join our Regulatory Finance team. This position will report out of an Alliant Energy office in Wisconsin or Iowa. In this position you are supporting multiple assignments involving financial and economic analyses, modeling, and research. You will develop, prepare, and interpret financial plans, budgets, rate review filing documents and business planning and support analyses. You will also lead work with customers to achieve business goals and strategically and proactively address opportunities and challenges.
We are looking for a strong communicator with good data visualization skills, to develop financial plans, budgets, rate review filing documents and business planning and support analyses. The person in this role will provide top tier support with customers to achieve business goals and address opportunities and challenges.Where will I work?
This position can work from home, on a remote hybrid basis and will work from or travel to the Cedar Rapids, IA or Madison, WI office as needed. Even though this position is home based or remote hybrid, the successful person must reside in Iowa or Wisconsin.Job Responsibilities
- Participates in maintaining, and modifying financial models to generate business unit level long-term forecasts or analysis with direction from a senior/lead
- Participates in analysis of financial data/trends including comparing forecast to actual results
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) financial information to internal and external partners in a concise and simplified manner. Actively listens to other alternative ideas and views.
- Participates in business planning and support analysis including economic scenario analysis, performance benchmarking, opportunity and risk assessment and research projects with direction from a senior/lead
- Proactively works with customers to provide financial consulting to help achieve business goals
- Seeks opportunities for different and innovative ways to address issues or problems.
- Effectively supports and adapts to change in the workplace
- May be involved in/responsible for assisting in developing rate review filing documents
- Participates in operational improvements and automation activities to drive efficiencies within department
- 3 years of technical and/or professional experience. MBA or professional certifications may be considered for a portion of professional work experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or MBA preferred - Emphasis in accounting, economics, finance, or related area Preferred
- Technical savvy- understanding program logic for UIPlanner
- Regulatory experience
- Research and or presentation experience
- Proven general knowledge of financial modeling and financial planning.
- Knowledge of common financial software applications.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is received
#LI-NR1It's not just what we do; it's how we do it.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Alliant Energy and subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Applicants in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the hiring process, please email email@example.com.
This job has expired.