Performs patient care duties delegated by the RN related to patients' personal needs, comfort, and safety . Scrubs for surgical procedures and demonstrates competence while functioning as a member of the surgical team. Prepares and maintains supplies, instruments, and equipment related to surgical intervention.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
- Certification as a nursing assistant by the Maryland State Board of Nursing preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of adult basic education evaluations for math and reading
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language
- Visual accuracy
- Auditory acuity
- Basic computer skills, to include data entry and retrieval
- Ability to coordinate eyes and hands quickly and accurately
- Ability to identify and distinguish color, temperature, texture, and size
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds, as determined by the nature of the patient care unit. Must be able to push, pull, lift patients and equipment (e.g. beds, stretchers).
- Must be able to bend body downward at the waist and be able to kneel.
- Completion of an approved technician program or previous technician experience of at least one year.
- Current certification as surgical technologist (CST) preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Frequent lifting of patients, weights up to 35 pounds
- Frequent pushing of equipment up to 50 pounds
- Moderate noise level, occasionally loud noise created by alarms, patients, equipment
- Moderate computer use, sitting at desk, typing
Supervised by Nurse Manager and/or designee
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.
#WPTrinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.