How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Environmental Floor Technician provides the full range of support necessary for regular, terminal, and isolation cleaning. Perform daily maintenance and major restoration of hard and carpeted surface areas in accordance with department and Wellstar Health System policies and procedures. Perform cleaning using the step process in areas as assigned. Conduct project cleaning of walls, entrances, common areas, windows vents, sidewalks, etc. as assigned. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by Wellstar Health System and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
More general duties include the following:
- Proper removal, placement and transporting of waste (i.e. Solid, Chemotherapy, Bio-Hazard, Pharmaceutical, & Hot), recyclables, and other regulated materials;
- Proper use of Ultra Violet Light devices; and
- Changing out, removal and replacement of containers (Sharps, Pharmacy Waste, Bio- Hazard, & Chemo Therapy). Since this role is extremely visible to all stakeholders, the incumbent must have good customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff members, guests, patients and their families. Individuals will be trained and authorized to handle the proper duties in their assigned areas.
Hours 5am- 1:30 pm
Environmental Services Unit
M- F and every other weekend
"Eligible for up to $2500 Sign on Bonus
"Required Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Some experience preferred; none required.
- The ability to speak fluent English must possess the ability to read, write and understand simple instructions in English, The satisfactory completion of the Departmental Training Program must be accomplished during the first thirty (30) days of employment.
We'd like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we'll help you make the most of all life's moments - on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it's pretty simple - we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients' lives... and your own! Here, it's more than healthcare - it's CareerCare!