Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
Perform accounting & financial analysis for a $2B+ revenue business across a complex operational environment (i.e. multi-currency, multi-ledger, and numerous related party entities) while exemplifying the company's biblically based purpose and values rooted in Love, Care, Service, and Excellence. This position is non-routine in nature, requiring advanced professional experience, competency in technical accounting principles, and the ability to collaboratively complete analysis projects in a multi-dimensional finance team comprised of over 100 professionals & dozens of different specializations. Reports to Corporate Accounting Manager
- Provide subject matter and technical expertise associated with improving accounting processes and help identify issues pertaining to the application of US GAAP for a variety of complex special projects. - 20%
- Assist in the preparation and continuous improvement of complex monthly account reconciliations. - 10%
- Mentor/Train Staff Accountants. Review, approve, and provide guidance related to reconciliations and analysis performed by Staff Accountants. - 10%
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Management and Commercial Finance personnel to improve processes related to various subsystem, inventory, COS, Revenue, and Gross Profit reconciliations and analyses. - 25%
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures. This includes providing financial analysis and support for audited financials and preparation of yearly audit schedules to third party Big 4 audit personnel. - 20%
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure information is properly recorded in the General Ledger. This would include the administration of accounting associated with Leases, Fixed Assets, Revenue Reserves, and Payroll. -15%
- *Some tasks above may be the sole responsibility of only one Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Professional certification such as a CPA and CMA preferred
- Minimum of 1.5 years of Public Accounting experience and a minimum of 1.5 years of general ledger accounting experience in corporate environment, preferably in wholesale distribution
- Experience working with a tier one ERP system, such as eOne or SAP is highly desired
- Experience working with a large and diversified organizational structure and chart of accounts
- Proven track record working for a company with gross revenues in excess of $1 billion dollars per year
- Strong analytical and problem -solving skills
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of technical accounting research, consolidation, leases, and fixed assets.
- Understanding of business law, technical guidance, statistics, cost accounting, and general management as related to accounting
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Effective Time Management skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels within the organization
- Advanced Excel skills, and proficiency in the utilization of other MS products (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects within specific deadlines
- Provide work leadership to other accounting personnel
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Provide review and oversight of staff accountants work
- Provide training to staff accountants
- Interfaces with other IBSA functional departments
- Ability to sustain posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, and talk and hear
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 15+ lbs. during archival of data annually.
- Limited or no travel
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.