Job ID: 217678
Location: SEATTLE , WA , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-21
Subcategory: Game Development Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an opening for a Game Development Engineer. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with designers and leads in creating 3D assets that meet or exceed performance goals.
- Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
- Keep abreast of advanced techniques which could be used to improve the visual quality or development processes of the simulator.
- Maintain a proactive attitude towards team-wide art and development issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more of related experience. An additional four (4) years or more related experience may be applied in lieu of a Bachelors.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency as a 3D/Terrain Artist.
- Demonstrable traditional art skills.
- Self-driven with good communication skills.
- Above average proficiency in Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Z-brush or equivalent.
- Understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
- Understanding in creating textures and models in varying art styles.
- Understanding in creation of large terrain assets.
- Must exhibit excellent artistic skill and understanding of physically based lighting and materials.
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting and building believable 3D assets.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Excellent ability to create textures and work with complex shaders.
- Previous experience creating high quality 3D models.
- Experience working with cross discipline and external teams.
- Must be autonomous while working on set tasks from the schedule.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and define best work practices within assigned area of work.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Unity Engine Experience
- Experience createting large terrain/outdoor environments and textures
- Experience with any Video Game Mod Community
- Experience with World Machine and/or Mudbox prefered https://www.world-machine.com/
- US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.