Follow and like us:
Position & Client Overview:
Come work on a travel assignment as a Medical Technologist for the day shift in Fort Madison, Iowa. Located right on the Mississippi river, this small town city is the perfect place to enjoy the open outdoors and all the activities it has to offer like hiking, canoeing, and exploring the parks.
Blood bank technologists perform both routine and specialized tests in blood banks, blood donor centers, transfusion services, reference laboratories and research facilities.
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Testing for blood group antigens, compatibility and antibody identification
- Investigating abnormalities and adverse reactions to transfusion
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients
- Performing viral marker testing to ensure patient safety
- Managing patient blood
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in science;
- MT/MLT/MLS(ASCP) certification or equivalent;
- SBB(ASCP) certification a plus
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.