Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
The General Laborer is responsible for safely supporting asphalt, concrete, and underground crews with preparing and maintaining construction projects at demolition, building, highway, and heavy construction sites, tunnel, and shaft excavations.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Assist in preparing job site by removing material including but not limited to debris, rocks, dirt, concrete, asphalt, and other material.
- Perform daily job site and equipment inspections.
- Perform job site clean-up and maintain job site free of hazards.
- Perform inspections and maintenance of equipment, tools, and machinery.
- Install and maintain perimeter barricades, fencing and screening.
- Conduct grade checks
- Operate various hand tools and equipment including but not limited to picks, shovels, powered tools, jackhammers, saws, tampers, roto hammers, and drills.
- Operate basic surveying/layout equipment including but not limited to, tape measure, level, pipe laser, etc.
- Handle, secure, load and unload construction materials, tools, and machinery.
- Dig holes or trenches, utilizing hand tools.
- Cut, grind, break up, and demolish concrete and asphalt using various hand tools.
- Shovel, excavate, backfill, and compact various materials including but limited to asphalt, concrete, flagstone, earth, and rocks.
- Assist subgrade work with mixing, pouring, and finishing concrete.
- Assist with setting structures, building, and moving forms, cutting lumber, and strip/patch.
- Assemble and dismantle scaffolding, ladders, ramps, catwalks, shoring, barricades, and other temporary structures.
- Flag and control traffic on roadways.
- May operate equipment including but not limited to skid steers, forklifts, and light vehicles.
- Support Carpenters, Masons, Operators, and other specialized trades as required.
- Other duties as required.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.