A General Laborer/Wash Bay Attendant is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, materials recycling facility (MRF) or landfill. Responsibilities may include such things as running and maintaining the wash bay, tote cleaning, equipment clean up, general maintenance and other related duties.
• Providing excellent service to coworkers as they use the Wash Bay
• Running and Maintaining the Wash Bay to promote a safe and efficient work area
• Performing routine and daily inspections of applicable equipment and work area
• Completing work orders as assigned and tracking completion of tasks
• Assisting in normal maintenance practices and procedures
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired, but not required.
• Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations and communicate with others.
• Ability to follow instructions and perform duties under limited supervision
• Ability to operate any equipment necessary to perform job
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to solve general problems
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend, reach and lift in an outdoor environment 90% of the time.
• Must be able to use hands and fingers, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, climb and balance.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to manually lift/move up to 50 pounds regularly
• Ability to manually push/move up to 100 pounds with assistance from another employee
• Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, rainy/stormy, extreme hot and cold weather
conditions (depending upon season), moving mechanical parts, vibrations, toxic and caustic
chemicals, fumes and airborne particles
• Work in outdoor environment up to 100% of the time.
• Occasionally work in high precarious places.
• Work environment is normally loud
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!