If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The GI Support Technician (U) performs duties related to the gastroenterological procedure process, in accordance with established policies and regulations, and anticipates the needs of patients, physicians, and department staff. Moreover, the incumbent prepares and maintains supplies, instruments, and equipment, and adheres to strict aseptic techniques and standard precautions. The GI Support Technician (U) also performs routine care and cleaning of endoscopy equipment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Assists in assessment and identification of physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of the patients.
- Performs rounds on patients in the preparation and observation area to meet patient needs and enhance the patient experience.
- Assists physicians and nurses during procedures and tests within scope of competency.
- Maintains clean and safe environment by cleaning and defrosting refrigerators, removing dirty linens appropriately, cleaning and preparing patient carts, as well as cleaning and processing endoscopy instruments and equipment.
- Maintains quality controls within department.
- Tears down procedure rooms at end of day and prepares room for next day cases, including restocking of supplies. Keeps hallways and treatment areas uncluttered. Transports patients utilizing safe technique.
- Assists with equipment management by troubleshooting and following-up on all equipment issues.
- Maintains inventories and communicates needs to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with breath tests in GI special testing Lab.
- Receives patients at the reception area and facilitates throughput.
- Prepares charts, tracks patients in Op Time, and communicates to nurses all special patient needs.
- Assists in scheduling procedures and assists with functions at the control desk.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Certification in relevant specialty or fieldExperience:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.