$98,383.00-$163,972.00 AnnualThis is the base pay range that an applicant can expect to make upon hire.
Pay within this range with vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors.
Global Customs Manager
Hypertherm Associates is searching for an experienced Global Customs Manager to provide support, guidance, training, and oversight for Customs and Trade Compliance aspects enterprise wide. This position leads a team to support Hypertherm's Global Customs Program to ensure the importing and exporting activities comply with governmental laws and regulations.
As a 100% Associate-owned, global leader in providing advanced industrial cutting solutions, Hypertherm Associates offers a collaborative work environment while promoting empowerment and a positive work-life balance. Check outthis videoto learn more about what it is like to work at Hypertherm as an Associate-Owner.
The Global Customs Manager ensures that imports and exports are performed to applicable regulations, improves processes, and works with the team to minimize compliance risks.
As the knowledge expert, the Global Customs Manager will provide support related to Country of Origin determination, HS code classification, Free Trade Agreement analysis and eligibility, and conduct denied party screening.
Additional responsibilities as a Global Customs Manager will be to:
Who you are and the experience you bring:
- Lead the trade compliance team through technical direction and guidance
- Work cross-functionally with other global and regional teams as necessary to carry out trade compliance goals and assignments
- Create and maintain the Hypertherm Trade Compliance manual, systems, and procedures
- Regularly monitor global trade compliance news and regulation changes to ensure continued compliance
- Build a trusted partnership with management to advise and make recommendations for our technical and business direction
Location: Hanover, NH
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline and at least 5 years' experience in Export/Import Trade Compliance
- Working knowledge of the U.S. HTS codes, its General Notes and Rules of Interpretation along with the U.S. Customs Rulings
- Strong level of knowledge of export EAR regulations
- Strong cultural awareness to work in a Global environment
- Be an Expert Resource in HS code classification
- Have a high-level of technical competence related to Free Trade Agreements
- Working knowledge of U.S. Customs Ace Secure Data Portal
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent analytical abilities, able to create company analysis templates and adjust based on specific needs.
- Solid understanding of cost/benefit analysis and Free Trade Agreement value methods. Able to calculate and clearly articulate analyses assigned.
- Clear and concise writing and speaking capability; excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and experience. Comfortable presenting to large or small groups of people at any level within the organization as well as external suppliers and attorney
- Performs periodic analytical reviews of internal team processes and data to ensure both efficiency and accuracy
- Self-sufficient. Actively works on expanding own skills as necessary. Mentors and manages the career development of the global customs & trade compliance team members
- Successfully develops and leads large projects to completion
- Demonstrated project management knowledge tools and skills to lead cross-functional project teams
(Relocation assistance available)Travel:
MinimalBenefits for you as a Hypertherm Associate:
- Base Compensation Range for this position (Grade 22) is $98,383 - $163,972
- Annual Profit-Sharing with a target of 20%
- Employee Stock Ownership Program - average of 8%/year - fully vested after 3 years!
- Employer 401(k) match
- Job security -over 50-year history of no layoffs
- Competitive Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Benefits -starting on Day 1
- A starting annual accrual of 3 weeks of Earned Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays
- 40 hours of paid Community Service Time
Hypertherm is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all applications. All employment decisions are based on business need, job requirements and our values as an associate-owned company without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
CURRENT ASSOCIATES OR TEMPORARY ASSOCIATES: Please apply via your internal Workday career account.
This job has expired.