The Global Key Accounts (GKA) Marketing Manager - Life Sciences is part of the Corporate Developed Markets Team responsible for the development and implementation of an impactful marketing strategy for Global Key Life Sciences/Pharma Accounts in North America and Mature Europe. This role supports the short-term commercial needs as well as the long-term relationship management of the global key accounts segment, contributing to successful account renewals and driving growth while also establishing Elsevier as a trusted partner. The Global Key Accounts Marketing Manager has a strong alignment with a complex sales team, is attuned to market needs and is an expert on local marketing channels, maximizing effectiveness of deliverables to complex, strategic accounts.
Global Key Account/Segment Marketing Plan Development - The Global Key Accounts Marketing Manager is responsible for developing the GKA/segment marketing plan with clear objectives aligned with commercial goals, focused marketing strategy and impactful marketing activities (e.g. digital campaign development, account-based marketing, event planning, etc.) based on data-driven decision in close alignment with local sales teams. The GKA Marketing Manager utilizes market insight and campaign results to adjust marketing plan to 'test, learn and iterate.'
High-Quality Program Execution - The GKA Marketing Manager is responsible for executing high-quality activities outlined in the marketing plan, including localization / customization of central program and organically developed regional programs, through strong team & stakeholder collaboration, on-time and within budget.
Stakeholder Management - The GKA Marketing Manager must build strong ties with regional stakeholders, both internal (sales, product, global comms) and external (customers representatives, key partners, societies) to align on priorities, stay attuned to commercial needs and effectively design marketing programs reacting to market needs. Experience targeting and working with complex, strategic accounts with long buying cycles is beneficial to this role
Channel Expertise - The GKA Marketing Manager must have a deep understanding of channel behavior (including Account-based marketing, PR, Digital communications) and effectiveness in relations to the segment and audience.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to engage and support life science researchers and pharmaceutical companies. A strategic-thinking self-starter is well-positioned for this role.
This role is based is ideally connected to an Elsevier office in Amsterdam, New York, London or Philadelphia but home-based applicants are welcomed for consideration.
- Support and strengthen relationships with approximately 20 global key accounts in the pharma biotech sector accounting for a large portion of Elsevier's $340MM corporate R&D business
- Develop and implement high-impact regional marketing plans based on strong market insight and commercial alignment designed to target select global key accounts and segments
- Plan and execute tailored account-based marketing strategies and tactics with select global key accounts based on commercial and strategic priorities
- Obtain and disseminate relevant market intelligence to internal stakeholders
- Establish and grow relationships with internal stakeholders to plan and execute bespoke marketing strategies and tactics
- Become an expert in the buying process and the associated life sciences and pharma personas while synthesizing this intelligence for use in marketing plan and tactic development
What you should bring
- Deliver user feedback and case studies that demonstrate the impact of the product(s) on business outcomes
- Define clear marketing objectives in line with growth objectives and opportunity
- Manage the measurement and follow-up of all marketing deliverables to assure proper tracking and to refine future plans
- Education at bachelor's level or above in research-related field and/or business/marketing; master's degree is a plus
- Background in life sciences (Biomedical research, Epidemiology Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Toxicology, Bioinformatics) or the marketing of life science solutions and/or pharmaceutical companies
- Experience with complex sales organizations and/or large pharmaceutical companies is a plus
- 7+ years of experience
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Skills in marketing planning, account-based marketing and a strong execution track record based on market insights and strategic priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills to interact at all levels within the organization and beyond
- Strong commercial awareness. Exposure/experience with Sales is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- This role may require 10-15% travelling (post-COVID)
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.