Mercer is seeking candidates for a role in our Government Informatics Practice. This role can be based in Phoenix, AZ., Atlanta GA., or Minneapolis, MN.
Senior Government Consultant - Informatics
What can you expect?
What's in it for you?
- Be a part of the team that leverages our knowledge and expertise to help states manage the challenges and complexities of the health care world
- Work alongside passionate, critical-thinking colleagues to assist government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services
- Be on the cutting edge of health care reform. We partner with states and the Federal government on implementing a wide variety of health care and human services issues, including actuarial, data/systems analysis, clinical, policy, pharmacy, operations, and procurement
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients
- As part of Mercer, Government Human Services Consulting(GHSC) offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
We will count on you to:
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks. Having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
What you need to have:
- Observe, evaluate and create data model architectures to ensure they are aligned with the scope of the project
- Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis), communicating these data anomalies with project and client team and providing insight, expertise and direction on addressing issues
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously, including: Verifying the quality and timeliness of project deliverables and ensuring client deliverables are client ready
- Work directly with clients to clarify project scope and be resource for client to answer project related questions
- Act as resource for support staff, answer questions, provide workarounds for obstacles that arise
What makes you ideal for the role?
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of industry experience required
- Thorough understanding of health care data
- Experience using SAS, SQL or equivalent programming language
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.