**Come on by to our Walk In Wednesday event, every Wednesday from 9am - 4pm! Learn more about our open postions and interview on-the-spot with a hiring manager! We hope to see you on Wednesday!**
The Graphic Artist I is an entry level position that incorporates both position specific training and continuous development through on-the-job training. Artists are responsible for producing customer orders accurately, timely, and in accordance to Champion Teamwear standards including, but not limited to:
- Vector Artwork: template edits, custom designs, revisions and reorders.
- Production Files: color separations, digitizing, nesting, and rework.
Decoration processes include: Embroidery, Twill, Heat Transfers (Vinyl or Rhinestones), Screen Print, Direct to Garment, Sublimation, and more. Responsibilities Productivity & Organization
- Self-assign orders through Art Production Mashup.
- Save, organize, update, and maintain art files within appropriate network locations.
- Consistently meet daily/seasonal production output and quality goals.
- Maintain clean and efficient work area.
- Apply basic design principles including layout, typography, color, balance, and composition to graphics.
- Adapt or convert typefaces to existing graphics - understanding letter scale, proportion, and readability.
Attention to detail
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and maintain quality expectations.
- Understand, submit, and maintain trademark and licensed logos.
- Efficiently navigate network locations, web applications, and order management system.
- Confirm order accuracy including: color, size, placement location, process, and garment type.
- Run spell check on every design.
- Ensure all vector artworks maintain aesthetic and quality standards.
- Ensure all production files meet and follow production requirements.
- Read and interpret orders, following art notes and design instructions.
- Report delays, technical issues, or problems that prevent artwork from being completed.
- Answer emails promptly and field phone calls from the Art Support Line.
- Assist other departments that support daily operations and business functions.
- Share knowledge/information and is open to new ideas.
- Comply with Champion Teamwear's policies and procedures within the company handbook.
- Demonstrate Champion Teamwear Values.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:Education:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Commercial Art, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related experience
- Other relevant educational experience may include:
- Art, Design, & Drafting courses
- School Yearbook or Newspaper class/club
- Typography & Color Theory studies
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - Creative Cloud
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator (preferred)
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop (a plus)
- Knowledge of color separations, nesting, or digitizing (a plus)
- Knowledge of current design trends and techniques (a plus)
- Sports apparel and fashion experience (a plus)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills are critical.
- Advanced design and typography knowledge critical.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong file management.
- Possess creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Embrace advancements and changes in technology.
- Able to multitask, take initiative, and prioritize projects.
- Able to work individually as well as part of a team.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: