Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Watch our video here
We are seeking a Proposals Graphic Designer to join Granite's Federal team. This position is the creative lead and is responsible for creating and designing proposal documents in response to statements of qualifications, requests for proposals, client presentations, and division-specific marketing and campaign collateral as part of the overall effort to increase market share. This requires a candidate with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of design, excellent communication skills, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Collaborate with the proposal team and subject matter experts to brainstorm and create graphic design solutions for compelling graphics, infographics, templates, layouts, etc. to support each pursuit strategy. Participate in pursuit kickoff meetings and all color reviews and show an understanding of key messages and direction of information received and translate it into compelling visuals that effectively conveys the Company's message. Lead publishing and assist with proposal production to ensure the company's high-quality standards are met and proposals are delivered on time. Enforce and maintain corporate brand standards in all marketing, communications, and graphics; ensure brand standards and application, to maintain consistency of all division marketing-related materials. Collaborate with corporate Marketing and Communications to review ads, brochures, videos, and other external collateral materials (non-proposal items) to ensure materials are all within the overall Company's guidelines. Create or update brochures, marketing collateral, and advertisements for internal and external use and oversee production of all print pieces, including using in-house production tools and/or communicating with vendors. Streamline theme concepts and creative design (including mood boards and storyboarding sessions) to ensure efficiency within the department. Understand the division's marketing and business strategy to ensure that it is leading all work products. Develop and prepare specific presentations and support material for division business development managers, for industry/association presentations, and/or to enhance new project/client opportunities. Create, organize, and gather permissions for content for video, print, and digital application to contribute content to the company's online photo and graphics repository. Provide ready-to-publish division content for the Company's intranet, external website and social media platforms to support the Company's objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art Design, Advertising, Communications, Marketing, or extensive relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years graphic design experience at a mid-size to large professional services organization required
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere) required
- Compelling portfolio of original design collateral (both digital and print)
- Prior experience working in the architecture, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry preferred
- Ability to transform written proposal content into persuasive graphics
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in multi-media formats, including print, video, and digital platforms
- Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information and convey concepts, ideas and information to all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to set priorities, organize work and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through
- Ability to work well individually, and as part of a team, as well as with other stakeholders
- Ability to work in creative and structured, process-driven environments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Additional Requirements/Skills
Education:Work Experience:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Notice to Staffing Agencies
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.