GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
NG BWI Central, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring a Full-time Grill Cook to assist with food service operations. Previous food service experience is preferred.
Candidates must be available to work Monday-Friday 5:30am- 2:00pm with no weekends, nights, or holidays included. Two free meals per day and free parking.
Guest Services, Inc. offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more!
Apply now to join our All-Star Team!
The responsibility of the Grill Cook is to prepare, cook, and serve food items on the grill and to coordinate with the Executive Chef on all daily and special function menus.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the grill
- Responsible for the daily production of meal items and daily menu specials
- Responsible for preparing daily specials, hot sandwich production, and sides to be placed in the hot slide for service
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking and tasting, meats, vegetables, and other grilled foods
- Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding food, and trimming and cutting meat and poultry. Report all malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor.
- Taste food products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements
- Control food production to ensure that extra food products be recycled or disposed of properly to manage food waste
- Responsible for cleaning all equipment and utensils used in the grill prep and production area
- Maintain temperature logs and signage for the grill station.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Next
This job has expired.