Groundskeeper - Part Time
Dutton Mill Village (DUT)
$14-$16 per hour
Groundskeepers perform a variety of landscaping maintenance and snow removal duties, (where applicable). They regularly mow lawns, weed, plant flowers, plow snow, remove debris from property grounds, and overall ensure our communities are well-maintained and look presentable. Groundskeepers also work to ensure our residents receive quality customer service.
- Ensures community is presentable at all times and adheres to Suns curb appeal standards
- Maintains community vehicle and equipment
- Picks up trash/debris from common areas and streets on a daily basis. Empties common area trash containers as needed
- Inspects irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working properly, repairs as needed
- Regularly treat weeds for weed control, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut down and remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform other lawn care services
- If applicable, maintains community pool(s), testing chemical levels, adjusting appropriately
- Safely operates vehicles for the purpose of performing job duties
- Follows safety procedures while performing duties
- Reports all community maintenance issues and concerns that they may identify while performing their daily duties to their manager
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 6 months Previous grounds keeping experience in the apartment or manufactured housing industry
- 6 months Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general grounds maintenance techniques
- Ability to endure fluctuations in temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Ability to respond to business needs after normal business hours.
- Ability to work an on-call schedule
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and the internet
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, and commercial machinery
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, cool perks, and flexibility.
- Paid sick leave
- Online access to view and update personal information, review paystubs, annual W2s, and more
- Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- DailyPay: Work today, get paid today
- Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
- Much more!
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an online application, please contact us at (844) SUN-4343. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email address are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. California Team Member Privacy Notice
This job has expired.