The Group Exercise Instructor builds the program activities and provide group exercise instruction to members and non-members of all fitness levels in accordance with safe exercise guidelines.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes as directed by Fitness Manager to accomplish Center mission and goals. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the Center.
- Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Keeps accurate class attendance records and plans new classes each quarterly session.
- Follows center policies and procedures; respond to emergency situations.
- Attend staff meetings and training.
- Assess each class to determine individual ability to follow your instructions. Adjust the workout to the various skill levels of class participants. Offer exercise options frequently. Change music and movements frequently. Seek to make each class that will keep members coming back for more.
- Work consists of duties involving several related sequential steps, processes or methods. Duties require consideration of factors and conditions that are apparent and readily verifiable.
Required: HS Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science.
Required:1 year of experience teaching group wellness classes.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Required:Personal training or group exercise instructor certification through an accredited agency such as ACE, AFAA, NETA, NASM and/or a specialized certification such as Less Mills, Zumba, Pound, Barre, or related certification.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.