HCS Learning & Development Specialist Senior
Remote in WA, ID, UT, ID
The Health Care Services Learning and Development Specialist Senior researches, designs, develops and conducts effective training for Health Care Services clinical and non-clinical staff. They work with department leaders and subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis and to identify and recommend learning and development solutions. And, serves as a subject matter expert for various clinical systems, processes and programs.
- Develops effective training programs by identifying objectives, researching materials, designing and developing training plans, preparing group and individual activities and building program materials.
- Presents information and designs learning experiences using a variety of adult learning methods and technology; creates an environment conducive to accomplishing learning objectives; observes training dynamics and adjusts presentation techniques as necessary to establish optimal levels of learning application and retention.
- Works with learners in a variety of training environments to include in person, virtual, individual and group training to facilitate effective learning outcomes.
- Leverages knowledge of online tools and technology to develop, communicate and make available various trainings and coordinates to ensure the right learning tool/environment is selected.
- Designs, develops and delivers training to support Health Care Services staff in the efficient and effective use of clinical systems and processes.
- Provides and coordinates new hire training, coaching and support for clinical and non-clinical staff. Advises supervisors and managers on relevant issues related to new hires.
- Develops effective evaluation methods and follow-up action to ensure that the training methods, materials, and application of skills on-the-job is effective.
- Stays current in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of effective adult learning practices and partners with the internal learning community to leverage available resources.
- May develop and train on more in depth, complex clinical topics
- Develops general business training around care management and/or utilization management.
- Assists as needed with documentation of policies and processes.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Experience instructing individuals at various skill levels, over the phone, face to face and in a classroom environment and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with a diverse employee population.
- Ability to identify learning and develop needs, develop materials to address those needs and design curriculum using appropriate adult learning methods.
- Demonstrated competency in analyzing and reacting appropriately to problem situations, ability to think clearly under pressure and project a professional image at all times.
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously and demonstrate independence in appropriately prioritizing work load to meet the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated strong, effective and diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online education techniques and practices.
- Varied background in a health-related field with knowledge of medical terminology, clinical care, and case management. Licensed health care professional preferred.
- Extensive and varied background in a health-related field with knowledge of current medical standards of practice, case management, and utilization management standards of practice.
- Experience with policy and procedure development.
- Process development experience desired.
The Health Care Services Learning and Development Specialist Senior would have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Education or Health Related field and current RN licensure or 3+ years healthcare experience plus 5+ years' experience in training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members for 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you're seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
This position includes 401(k), healthcare, paid time off, paid holidays, and more. For more information, please visit www.cambiahealth.com/careers/total-rewards
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com