Responsible for quality, timeliness, and cost associated with North American Editorial Operations based activities required to meet the content/product standards to meet internal stakeholder and external customer needs. Collaborates with global peers to drive standardization, process efficiency, and harmonization. Pursues automation to improve time to market.
1. Provides leadership, strategic development and execution of the North American Editorial Operations groups which oversees content, collection & conversion, and editing and post-editing operations.
2. Collaborates to meet product and content requirements and specifications.
3. Ensures all online and offline products produced on schedule, at right quality, and best cost structure. Manages the process with Editorial Operations, Reed Elsevier Philippines (REPH), and external suppliers.
4. Actively manage the editorial expense budget to ensure in line with budget targets. Identifies and drives opportunities for cost savings, including appropriate use of vendors and offshore employees.
5. Develop a metric and goal-oriented operating environment that can effectively track operating performance and provide the analyses to support the needs of the business.
6. Ensures group is positioned to meet strategic/financial objectives as well as, short and long-term goals.
7. Develops and implements tactical strategies in a cost effective manner; redirects tactical efforts as needed to adapt to changing business direction and needs.
8. Drives a culture among a staff that ensures prompt decision-making, encourages innovation, respects/rewards its team members and supports company initiatives and overall company culture.
9. Responsibility for the selection, performance management, salary administration and professional development of direct reports; establish and monitor objectives for all employees by providing regular feedback, coaching, training and development; responsible for determining skills deficiencies in the functional area and for development and execution of plans to remedy those deficiencies.
10. Partners with senior management of other departments or functions in the planning and delivery of key services.
11. Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for development of content for the company.
12. Ability to work cross-functionally with the Global Outsourcing group, when required.
1. JD, MBA or equivalent.
2. 10+ years of solid leadership experience.
3. Possess a solid understanding of legal editorial functions, with industry experience a major advantage.
4. Demonstrated people leadership skills, including development, performance management, communications, etc.
5. Proven ability to lead major strategic functions, make difficult decisions and manage performance.
6. Experience with leading a team through an organizational transformation.
7. Ability to communicate directly and succinctly.
8. Strong process, engineering and systems orientation, with a solid understanding of 6 Sigma preferable.
9. Significant experience with outsourcing processes, both from an operational and procurement perspective.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.