Trinity Health, Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Health Informatics Specialist II to join our team!
Shift: Full Time, days
Health Informatics (HI) is the specialty that integrates health care science, computer science, and information science to manage and communicate data, information, knowledge and wisdom in clinical practice across the care continuum. Health informatics facilitates the integration of data, information, knowledge and wisdom to support patients and the health care team, in their decision-making in all roles and settings. This support is accomplished with information structures, information processes, and information technology.
The goal of informatics is to improve the health of populations, communities, families, and individuals by optimizing information management and communication. These activities include the design and use of informatics solutions and technology to support all areas of health care delivery, including, but not limited to, the direct provision of care, establishing effective administrative systems, managing and delivering education experiences, enhancing lifelong learning, and supporting health care research.
- Supports the leading and organizing delivery of care to assure continuity of care and peer accountability for practice, including access to care across the care continuum.
- Uses informatics knowledge/judgment to promote staff involvement in planning, decision-making, and evaluating outcomes.
- Supports informatics practice and/or areas related to the assigned roles and responsibilities.
- Systematically evaluates current workflow and formulating outcomes for groups of patients and/or organizational processes within an area of expertise.
- Uses professional standards of care, scientific evidence, and practice to evaluate health care programs across the care continuum.
- Serves as an active member of the health informatics team. Promotes teamwork by keeping others informed, participating effectively in group decision making, working to accomplish team objectives and projects, and by soliciting feedback about one's effectiveness as a team member.
- Demonstrates proficient clinical practice skills, problem-solving skills, and decision-making skills in support of transformational initiatives.
- Determines the most appropriate use of expertise in systems issues requiring intervention and quality and performance measures.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure efficient, effective communication and coordination of activities to promote accountability.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Informatics or related discipline required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's Degree in Health Informatics or related discipline preferred.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Health Informatics, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Health Informatics or related role and experience with clinical information systems and health information technology.
- Certification from a national informatics certifying body preferred.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.