Per diem - Hospice Nurse Practitioner
Provide one-to-one, compassionate care and love your job
Trinity Health Of New England At Home provides compassionate, exceptional care where people are most comfortable: at home. We are the area's most comprehensive home care provider with trusted quality of care. With new strategy, vision and technology, we are growing and shaping the future of healthcare!
We have a pioneering care model with Home Care Connect, our integrated virtual care program that helps patients avoid preventable ER visits and hospitalizations. It enhances our clinical excellence with advanced, easy-to-use remote monitoring technology and 24/7 access to our Virtual Care Center RNs.
Hospice Nurse Practitioner position summary - per diem
The Hospice Nurse Practitioner serves as a primary level care provider under the clinical supervision of the Hospice Medical Director.Providesface-to-face assessments of hospice patients in a variety of settings under all levels of hospice care.Collaborates with the members of theInterdisciplinary Team to assess client eligibility for hospice and provide interventions as required for pain and symptom management.Demonstrates expertise in patient care.May serve as a liaison with other hospice referral sources, providing consultation when necessary.Will maintain high standards of integrity and business ethics and provide all patient care in accordance with current professional standards of practice and regulatory requirements.
About Trinity Health Of New England At Home
- Graduate of an approved Nursing education program; Masters degree in Nursing
- Certified/licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in state of Connecticut
- Must have full (non-restricted) primary active medical staff membership at local Trinity Hospital, and remain in good standing with appropriate clinical privileges. In good standing/able to participate in the Medicare & Medicaid programs
- DEA License in Connecticut
- In good standing/able to participate in the Medicare & Medicaid programs
- Fiveyears nursing experience; advanced practice preferred. Clinical experience in Palliative Care, Hospice, Geriatrics, Oncology, Internal Medicine preferred
- Exhibits strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have current Driver's license and reliable transportation to and from work site.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate commitment to the mission and Organizational Code of Ethics, and adhere to the Compliance Program
Trinity Health Of New England At Home - Connecticut is a member of Trinity Health At Home, a national home care, palliative care and hospice organization serving communities in twelve states. We are is a comprehensive, trusted provider of home care and end-of-life care in the sacred place that people call home. A Catholic-based, non-profit organization, we serve patients and their loved ones with home care (skilled nursing, physical/occupational and speech therapy and medical social work), hospice and bereavement services. Our legacy continues with a pioneering, future-thinking care model. We blend clinical expertise with our exclusive Home Care Connect™ virtual care program to help patients achieve their health goals. We have energizing new vision and strategy. Join us and shape the future of healthcare!
Apply now!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.