Arroyo Grande Veterinary Hospital seeks an experienced, enthusiastic, and committed veterinary manager to join our leadership team. We are a long-established, full-service, 5-doctor practice located on the Central Coast of California.
Our hospital has been serving the community for over 30 years and is eager to welcome a talented manager with a passion for team development, financial management, and customer service. This role demands a leader with strong interpersonal and organizational skills who is motivated to develop strategies and promote a high level of care and growth within the hospital.
We seek an individual who will help us foster a workplace environment where our employees are empowered to build upon their strengths and develop their unique talents. The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm for the veterinary profession and a desire to foster career development among employees.
Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to the ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility, and achieve results. They also must excel when asked to handle multiple tasks and deal with changing priorities.
Responsibilities may include:
- The recruitment, interviewing, hiring, reviewing, disciplining, and terminating of employees.
- Establishment of work schedules and the ability to monitor the daily flow of the hospital to ensure smooth operation and consistency
- The ability to mediate interpersonal disputes and reinforce the team culture of the practice
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- The financial oversight of the hospital with experience in payroll management, fee analysis, and long-range fiscal planning.
- VCA Animal Hospitals offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, pet care discounts, paid vacation, holidays and sick days, health and well-being programs that provide resources and training. Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $65,000 to $85,000. This position may also be eligible for other variable pay programs.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com