Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Cleans guestrooms by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replenishes unit supplies, paper goods, and guest supplies.
- Sorts, counts, folds, marks, or carries linens.
- Make beds.
- Verifies unit inventory prior to guest arrival.
- Assists guests upon request (within reasonable limits).
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, or polishes floors as required.
- Vacuums rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture.
- Washes or cleans walls, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills as needed.
- Reports the need for maintenance or repairs when unsatisfactory conditions cannot be immediately corrected.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Removes trash and waste from guestrooms.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Checks and replaces light bulbs each time unit is vacated.
- Certifies that unit has been properly cleaned and is ready for occupancy when turned over to the Supervisor or Front Desk staff as completed.
- Participates in all required health and safety meetings/classes.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Works weekends and holidays.
- Follows all rules and regulations set forth in the latest Employee Handbook.
- Perform any other various duties that may be assigned by the General Manager, or Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, stoop, kneel, climb or balance, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles such as white out, printer cartridge powder, cleaning detergents and supplies, gasoline and car fumes, microwaves from a microwave oven, and risk of radiation. The work environment is typical for the job performed with a moderate noise level. This noise level is created by light foot traffic, vacuums, laundry machines, and office equipment noise such as computers, printers, calculators, phones, etc.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Up to one month of related experience or training is required.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to understand and speak Basic English sentences.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture