Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
Specific Job Summary
Coordinates and performs reporting, analyses, and audits of key HR programs and processes, compiling metrics and analyzing results to monitor compliance and recommend actions. Plans, coordinates and tracks employment legislation, compliance projects, audit efforts, policy reviews, and ad hoc analyses as assigned. Develops expertise in key compliance areas of focus to monitor and guide compliance requirements.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Develops and performs complex quantitative and qualitative analyses to monitor compliance of HR business programs and processes.
- Manages compliance related projects and/or leads compliance related segments of HR projects.
- Plans, coordinates and performs audit routines in the delivery of HR initiated audits, site Steton audits, internal audits, and external audits to ensure timely completion. In collaboration with key stakeholders, reviews audit results and reports to appropriately represent outcomes, develops appropriate action plans, and monitors same to completion.
- Oversees the compilation and routine review/update of a comprehensive state-by-state HR legislation reference resource in order to monitor new requirements, evaluate requirements and determine Company actions required.
- Develops expertise in assigned HR programs and processes and/or in new or existing compliance areas of emphasis in order to lead specialized compliance efforts and to provide relevant business recommendations.
- Partners with HR leaders, HR business partners, and other business leaders to design and implement programs, policies, and practices focused on compliance with federal, state and local law requirements and in keeping with business.
- Key Skills: Deep knowledge of HR practices and procedures and related employment and labor regulations, Project Management Experience, Leadership experience, Outstanding communication skills.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's degree in business (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Human Resources, etc.)
- Graduate degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred to include California.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience including demonstrated job responsibilities in Human Resources (e.g., management, lead specialist role) financial and/or data analysis experience; and business process or financial auditing and/or compliance responsibility.
- Experience as a generalist in Human Resources or a specialist in one or more of the following areas: Compliance, Payroll, Associate Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Staffing, Development, Organizational Effectiveness, etc.
Skills & Attributes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with exceptional Excel skills.
- Strong HRIS user and reporting capabilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management and collaboration capabilities skills are essential.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Solid measurement skills related to assessment of information, initiatives and strategies.
- including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of labor laws and governmental regulatory compliance.
- High level of skill in managing confidential and sensitive information and data.
- Delivers results and ability to balance priorities under pressure.
- Strong research and analysis with the ability to make decisions using data and business knowledge.
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change.
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
High analytical ability to convert soft HR measurement in area of expertise to hard business metrics.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.