Human Resource Business Partner
Work hard, have fun! At MMC Corp, our culture is built on hard work - but while enjoying ourselves in the process. Our family of construction companies prides itself on our almost 90 year history, our 100% employee ownership structure, our competitive pay and benefits… But what we pride ourselves most in is our people. We truly believe that our people are our greatest asset, and that's why we place a heavy emphasis on recruiting, training, and retaining the best and brightest talent in the industry. Are you ready to become a part of the MMC Corp family?
Nature of Work
This role will serve asa trusted advisor to the strategic business unit. In addition, this role administerspolicies and procedures relating to all phases of human resources activity for strategicbusiness unit with a focus in recruiting, onboarding, employee relations,benefit administration, training, performance management, policy implementationand enforcement, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation in such matter as ER, salary admin, benefits, etc.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation for subsidiary, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations. Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Provides onboarding education and continual communication on company benefit program to include insurance, wellness, retirement and other plans for employees. May assist with system enrollments, change reporting. Assists with inquiries and questions.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs along with the training and development department.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This job may have supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience, preferably in Human Resource Management or a related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred
- Eight years or more of related work experience within Human Resources or Employee Relations preferred
- Experience within Training and Facilitation preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
There will be travel involved to various subsidiary offices.
MMC Corp and its subsidiary companies are an Equal OpportunityEmployer-EEO/AA/M/F/D/V/VEVRAA