About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for an HVAC / Chiller Technician to work at a maintenance site in Wilmington, NC. This is a long term, permanent position that is a local and does not offer per diem.
• Performs routine and preventative maintenance on chiller and refrigeration unit's electrical and mechanical components. This includes:
o Supporting equipment such as compressors, condensing units, purge units, evaporators, pumps, piping, valves, motor control centers and fan units.
o Excellent record keeping, including refrigeration and operation logs.
o Chiller components, refrigeration units and supporting equipment, meters, relays, sensors, analog, VFD's, switches, controllers, gauges, thermostats and other similar devices.
• Ability to work on the following equipment brands: Kooltronic, Mclean, Daikin and Rittal Centrifugal, Reciprocating, Screw and Absorption Chillers.
• Required to understand and interpret blueprints, sketches or other descriptions of parts to determine their accuracy relative to the manufacturers specified clearances for chiller repairs, including disassembly and reassembly procedures.
• Utilizes CFC and HCFC refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment, maintains records and performs all service and maintenance repairs in accordance with current EPA regulations.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed.
• Observes SIC/Client Safety processes and procedures at all times.
Position Requirements and Summary:
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!