RBC BEARINGS CAREERS
RBC Bearings Incorporated (NYSE: RBC/RBCP) is a leading international manufacturer of highly engineered precision bearings, components and essential systems for the industrial, defense and aerospace industries. Founded in 1919, the Company is primarily focused on producing highly technical and/or regulated bearing products and components requiring sophisticated design, testing and manufacturing capabilities for the diversified industrial, aerospace and defense markets. We currently have 56 facilities, of which 37 are manufacturing facilities in ten countries and our market capitalization is approximately $6.2 billion.
Under close supervision, sets up and operates all equipment within the HVOF production environment. Responsible for measuring and controlling product quality and making process changes within the scope of the standard operating procedures. Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Able to operate either mechanical equipment, coating equipment, welding equipment. The mechanical equipment may use compressed air, or gases (oxygen, nitrogen), cooling water, and electrical power.
- Will operate both manual, and semi-automatic equipment.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Capable of using measurement equipment (metrology) including calipers, micrometers, profilometers, and temperature measuring devices (pyrometer, hand-held).
- Candidate will inspect surface of the part visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, profilometers, or related devices.
- Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
- Prepares and mask parts with tooling, fixtures, and rubber/metal masks prior to coating.
- Cleans and maintains mechanical equipment, operator consoles, fixtures and blast cabinet.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes
- Attendance and Punctuality at work are essential functions of this position.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job function. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.Qualifications GuidelinesExperience/Training/Education:Required:
Experience with calipers and micrometers is a plus. At least 1-2 year experience working in manufacturing. Three to five years of experience preferred.Desirable:
Prior experience with a robotic is a plus but not a requirement.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, written part specifications and equipment operating procedures.Physical and Environmental Elements:The incumbent generally works indoors where she/he is regularly exposed to moving parts, fumes, or airborne particles. The incumbent is exposed to the risk of electrical shock on a frequent basis due to the machinery operated. On an occasional basis the incumbent is exposed to caustic or toxic chemicals. The incumbent will be fitted for a respirator mask and will use it when needed. Due to the machinery in use, the noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided.To facilitate the machining process, the incumbent regularly stands, uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reaches with hands and arms and talks or hears. On occasion, the incumbent is required to walk and climb on a low platform. In addition, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The incumbent must remain alert to prevent injury to him or herself and/or the equipment parts.
Please note that the salary range information is only applicable for California. The pay range represents the low and high end of the salary range we reasonably expect to pay for this position at the time of posting. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors, including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, education, skills, qualifications, performance, and business or organizational needs. Pay Range: $21 to $27/hour
RBC Bearings is an Equal Opportunity Employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 - $27.00 per hour
This job has expired.