Inside Solutions Sales Representative - Scopus & Digital Commons
Are you looking for a new challenge with an industry leader?
Elsevier Research Solutions, Global Sales division is looking to recruit an Inside Solution Sales Representative to achieve and exceed annual sales targets for Scopus; the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. The Scopus ISSM is responsible for new business Scopus and Digital Commons sales in North American Academic & Government Markets.
In order to be successful, the Scopus/DC representative will need a deep understanding of Elsevier's world-leading content, the competitors in their region, the prospect's research needs and workflow, and will establish a productive teaming relationship with partnered field Account Managers to ensure a continued sales focus on Scopus as an integral part of Elsevier's core content portfolio.
You will become part of a new and growing telephonic sales team within our North American (NOAM) Academic & Government segment. You will report to the Sales Director and will be remote based with minimum customer travel.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual new sales goals, possibly including expansion sales (upsell) and revenue growth targets.
- Collaborate with partnered team members to create and execute a targeted sales plan to maximize penetration of the Scopus in the territory. Work closely with the field Account Manager to ensure a holistic territory/account plan that promotes both Scopus and overall account growth.
- Provide accurate forecasts (weekly and monthly), including customer, competitive, and market intelligence to partnered AMs, SSMs, management and business leadership.
- Develop a deep understanding of the relevant customer segment, so as to accurately translate segment-specific solution value.
- Negotiate and close contracts for new sales, with a focus on multi-year agreements.
- Successfully transition ownership of the account/agreement to field Account Manager.
- Maintain familiarity of the competitors' product, strategy, and sales approach.
- Provide continuous Scopus feedback to marketing teams and participate in projects to help the marketing teams meet strategic, sales objectives.
- Supply channel feedback to the Product team for continued product enhancement and new development needs for Scopus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Science degree is a plus.
- 3+ years proven new-sales track record in competitive environments.
- Enthusiasm and passion for pursuing and winning new business with a consultative, solution-sales approach.
- Experience working within an academic, research or scientific environment is desired.
- Knowledge of regional or national research programs, collaboration networks, and key opinion leaders is helpful.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills (including web-based demonstrations).
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) with a passion for customer engagement.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal).
- Experience working in an international matrix organization is helpful.
We are the leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information & tools in the world that help our customers improve scientific and clinical outcomes. We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
Please contact us if this challenge is for you!
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Generous Commission/bonus plan based on performance
- Excellent medical, dental and 401K benefits
- All expenses and travel fully paid
- Excellent hands-on training program (currently utilizing Franklin-Covey tools) and a team to support you
- Numerous online resources to assist with self-development and career progression
- Opportunity to advance within the organization among many divisions worldwide
- Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.