This position is responsible for the financial clearance, registration and collection of point of service fees for all hospital related services. Ensures that information is accurately presented to third party payers or guarantors, and minimizes errors that would result in penalties or other delays in payment to the hospital. Ensures cash reconciliation and submission activities are completed according to department/hospital policies and procedures. May perform the duties of a Patient Registration Representative I and II as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Insurance Verification Representative
- Competitive pay
Additional Benefits: Relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement, free parking
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Location:Silver Spring, MD
- Reporting to the Manager Central Scheduling & Insurance Verification
- This position is responsible for the financial clearance, registration, and collection of point of service fees for all hospital related services. Ensures that information is accurately presented to third party payers or guarantors and minimizes errors that would result in penalties or other delays in payment to the hospital. Ensures cash reconciliation and submission activities are completed according to department/hospital policies and procedures.
What you will need:Required:
- Minimum of two years' experience performing registrations, insurance verification billing and the collection of POS collections in a hospital and/or other health care settings. Insurance verification experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulation/third party insurance practices, eligibility systems, etc. Firm understanding of medical terminology, ICD-10 and COT coding.
- Perform audit functions in a concise, timely and professional manner to include: data retrieval and review; error identification and correction; documentation and display of data in a concise, understandable format; identification of trends; and recommendation of process/system improvements.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to them as they change frequently. Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles. Must be able to manage multiple workplace demands and set realistic and obtainable priorities related to such.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills are essential, as decisions and judgment utilized by the incumbent impact the overall operations and workflow of the hospital and Medical Staff.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency computer and data entry skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred, not required
- Professional Certification through AAHAM, NAHAM or HFMA preferred, not required
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2021.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employerOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.