The IR Technologist assists the physician as a scrub tech and circulator during Interventional Radiology and Neuro Interventional Radiology procedures. The IR Tech is responsible for providing direct patient care, processing images, and entering charges. The IR Technologists works as an integral member of the IR Team consisting of physicians, residents, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, radiology technologists and other colleagues to provide excellent care for patients undergoing procedures with imaging guidance.
- Additional Skills: Able to perform and scrub on all IVR procedures, able to work flexible weekday hours and do on-call weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of radiographic, digital imaging equipment and correct performance of post processing including proper patient and exam identification as well as procedural specific annotations before releasing study images to PACS.
- Demonstrates an understanding of radiation exposure factors, complies with policies regarding radiation exposure monitoring.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cpt coding and entry of procedural charges in electronic medical record.
- Provides safe patient care by assisting with patient transfers and demonstrates proper positioning of patients presenting for diagnostic and/or interventional procedures.
- Assists physician with sterile procedures, complies with Universal Precautions and Infection Control policies
- Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam.
- Demonstrates an understanding of anatomy & physiology as well as procedures performed by the Interventional Radiology (IR) team and the equipment and supplies available to perform said procedures.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Florida Radiologic Technologist (RT) certification required. ARRT Certification in Vascular Interventional Radiography (VI) or Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI) preferred, required within 2 years of hire.
- Education: Associate's Degree or Completion of Vocational Program - Radiologic Technology
- Minimum Experience Required: minimum1 year experience as a IVR Tech
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.